Healing can be reached. But not "yesterday"

 It was on August 19th that I spent time at the local hospital's WOUND CLINIC. with my surgeon Dr LIWSKI and an R.N.

One thing was clear. The Doctor and Nurse minced not words.  "You cannot allow the dressing around your toe to get damp"  A wet dressing is a petrie dish for further infection.

The surgeon issued orders for continued home visits 

I postponed the first of such visits, by an occupational therapist. on account of the severe and tempestuous  movements of my bowels.  It had been slated for Friday 21st (morning) 

The cancellation was fortuitous,  

The doorbell rang at 1:00 p.m.

It was the R.N. making her weekly visit.  Surprise!  I had failed to see or read a voice mail in which she'd alerted me to her visit.

NEVER MIND   She scolded me for wearing dirty socks!  She carefully cleaned and rebound the wound. She gave me instructions for continued care.

She was with me for forty minutes.   This is almost unheard of in hospital care FORTY MINUTES!

There is a growing consensus amongst the medics that the complete healing of my toe is in sight. 

IF I DO AS I AM TOLD



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMPORTANT NEWS

Merry Go Round Home, Hospital, Clinic, Home. Confusion

I treated myself