TO ADVISE YOU THaT I AM UNRERGOING TREATMENTS to deal with possible/probable blood infection, arising from fairly minor surgery THUS my Facebook page has been quite, and will be for a while The treatments are important but my condition is not life threatening I will be in touch when matters are improving NO CALLS PLEASE NO CALLS PLEASE
This is not about the fabulous choral and orchestral music at Fairfield Grammar School under W.J. "Dickie" Richards. I will write about that at length in due course. Today I write about the great choir music at Eastville Junior Mixed School under another Richards (Sydney). Here we are at the local Eastville Park in 1954. I am third from the left in the second row. Bright eyed Fairfieldians will spot Clive Hargett, third from left in the third row. Two from me is the Headmaster Mr. Lews? who in his spare time was an amateur boxing referee, Next to him is Syd Richard's wife, our choir pianist. There there is Syd himself. We were good. So good that we recorded for the BBC at the old Empire Theatre in Old Market (torn down in that blight called urban renewal). We were prepped about the Green Room etc. I encountered a Men's Urinal for the first time - Dad explained it to me when I got home. I can't remember what we sang. I do rememb...
The saga started at the Sarasota Memorial Hospital's Wound Clinic. A small lesion on my right leg was healing well; but the big toe was wildly inflamed and infected. Thus followed surgery for that; with a bonus - the long overdue insertion of a stent from my heart to my right leg. On one of my furloughs I was sent home bearing a Jackson-Pratt drainage machine with instructions for its use. Grrh a plastic tube broke loose as I slept, causing a flood in my sleep wear etc. Fortunately that was the day for a nurse to be at my home. Back at the Hospital I was not a particularly good boy. When given the choice between going home or having therapy I always chose to go home. On one occasion I chose home. No sooner had I been there I fell into a sense of deep loneliness. I went back to the hospital where I had to be treated as a new patient. I had allowed my stubborn will to override my good sen...
Comments
Post a Comment