Fava Bean Stew

 


Persian Fava Bean Stew

Inspired by Half Baked Harvest's Persian Chickpea Herb Stew - this recipe swaps the much-used chickpeas for fava beans, offering a creamy & tender alternative!

 Prep Time 10 minutes
 Cook Time 20 minutes
 Total Time 30 minutes
 Servings 4 servings

Ingredients

  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped (I use sweet onions)
  • 1 can cooked fava beans (drained of the liquid* ***)
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes **
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about half a lemon)
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh dill roughly chopped


After I had taken the photo' (above) I added Yellow Rice to give the dish more body.

***  Frequent readers of this blog will know that I am a great fan of Fava (broad) beans.  I grew up with them so to speak.

I can find them from time to time at our local Amish Market in Pinecraft, SRQ   Good beans, but de-podding and peeling them is labour intensive.

I've tried the canned variety.  They fail to "cut the mustard"

Alleluia+  Peeled and frozen Favas can be bought on line on sites such as Cuisinery.  https://www.cuisineryfoodmarket.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMPORTANT NEWS

Merry Go Round Home, Hospital, Clinic, Home. Confusion

I treated myself