Vintage if Not Antique

I was sixteen years old when my parents got their first T.V.

One channel (BBC), and no colour.

Soon came a second channel (Independent T.V.) with commercials.

 "You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent", and "Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is"

Colour T.V. came later.

The focus of family life moved from the fireplace to the T.V.

------------------------------

Sixty four years later; I have all but no interest in watching T.V.

Here is the ancient "goggle box" which my late friend Ben M gave me. I rarely view it.


..


Some of my dear friends encourage me to buy a super modern flat screen model.

But why buy something which I will never use?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a State of Shock. From 8:00 - 2:00 today

Utterly Wonderful