Before Tomorrow's Facebook Deluges re the So Called Debate; and the Solemnities of 9/11

 


I encountered two very pleasant young women at Bayfront Park today.  *I'd done so previously  -  but was a long while ago.  One said "you have a new dog".  Cooper was sweet with them.

I told them that Zion had died last Januarysince. They grew sad.  One commented that Z was an exceptionally wonderful dog.  The other agreed, That drew no argument from me.

My sadness re Zion resurfaced for a minute.  Then came gladness that my dear Z had brought so much joy to so many people. That was his ministry.

* Clearly we had not seen each other since January. We often meet regulars at the park.  But with as little a time difference as three minutes we can miss.

*********************************************

Cooper and I are doing so well.  He is as wonderful Zion was, but in many different ways.

I adopted him on June 12th 2024. Acting on a whim I took him to the Humane Society today so that I could tell the adoption counselors that C and I are doing so well together.

They appreciated my visit and were happy to see C.  I told them that C is overtly affectionate, and loves to cuddle.

They were not surprised. It turns out that he had been a staff favourite.  But of course!



Our Meet and Greet at HSSC on June 11th.  We sealed the deal the next day.

******************************************

Many of you never met my first Sarasota Rescue.  It's Penne, a sweet and gentle girl if ever there was one.

We used to visit my friends Ron and Char.   One day their brother-in-law D  was visiting -  he who was a bit afeard of dogs.  Penne won his heart -  he became a dog lover!

Penne would stay with Ron and Char when I traveled. She became Char's shadow in my absence.

When I returned he would stage such unbridled excitement and joy; worthy of the dramatic ending of an over the top opera.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a State of Shock. From 8:00 - 2:00 today

Utterly Wonderful