Falling Again!

 

My first fall was some years ago.  Zion and I had taken an early morning walk.   He did his business on the grass but instead of turning around I walked backwards onto a roadside drainage culvert, and down I went.

Then some three years ago, sans chien, I miss-stepped on a railway footbridge in Nottingham, UK.  Down I went. Thank you to the railway employee who helped me to my feet and would not leave me until I was safe and sound in my seat.  My arm bled from Nottingham to Bristol.   What a mess.

You will remember my recent fall when Cooper made a mad dash and I failed to drop his leash.  Down I went until my Letter Carrier heard my call and came to my rescue.

This morning Cooper pulled me fiercely at Arlington Park. He was onto the scent of a Rabbit.  I dropped the leash but in doing so, as the tension was released, I fell to the ground.

Cooper ran off.   I landed on my rear end and could not get up. There I was with a wet bottom as the drizzle anointed me.

After ten minutes Cooper came back all unconcerned 

"Surely" I thought "someone will help me to get up".   Someone did.

The someone insisted in walking us back to my car.

I asked his name.  He replied 'Her\rman"  A light went on.  Oh my goodness. Hermann and I know each other from St. Boniface Episcopal Church on Siesta Key, FL


Angels unaware?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a State of Shock. From 8:00 - 2:00 today

Utterly Wonderful