HE POOPED!

 FRIDAY Another wonderful day with Cooper.


This bonding business is incredible. It's almost as if he and I are old friends.  He is in the worthy succession of Penne and Zion.

As I drove home after our morning walk, I encountered a neighbor who met Cooper through the car window.

Once in the car port Cooper got out of the car without permission (we'll have to work on that).

Then "whoosh" he raced across the road and ran like a bat out of hell in pursuit of the rabbit that he (not I) had spotted.

The rabbit won.  Cooper stopped to greet three neighbours who were enjoying a morning chat; and to meet a wee Bijon.

One of the neighbours called out "he pooped".  My alleluias were profound  -  this was his first poop since Wednesday.

Fortunately the neighbours were utterly understanding and I had a poop bag in my pocket.

Cooper like little dogs. Cooper likes large dogs. Cooper didn't flinch during a Friday evening thunderstorm.

Cooper likes it when we tussle with his soft toy.

I've learned that he prefers his food when I mash a bit of sweet potato into the kibble.

We'll have to work on car etiquette.  He likes to stand with his back legs in the well, and his front legs on a storage box which is between the two front seats.  Then come the affectionate nuzzles - I'd rather not have that distraction whilst driving.   I'll start using the small safety leash which loops through the rear seat belt. 

There is more work ahead re leash tugging. I have patience and determination.

With gratitude and happiness.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a State of Shock. From 8:00 - 2:00 today

Utterly Wonderful