Dog Training Will Not Work

Mr. C and I had an hour-long session this morning with trainer Ann C.

One thing became clear.  I have to be trained, not Cooper!

My training will involve making positive eye contact with C as I encourage good and helpful interaction. The word "no" is not helpful. Treats are rewards, not bribes.

We are working on heel, on stay, and on sit; always with hand signals.

This work is not to be reserved for special sessions.  It's for our 24/7 interactions.  It's my work!

There are helpful tools. They include a Martingale Collar and a Dual handle leash.






I have such on loan from A,S. for now. Our own will arrive courtesy of Am-z-n tomorrow. 

Note to jmp  "a bad workman blames his tools" A.S. will grade me next week.

On another note, Cooper had his first bath and grooming

It's where I took Zion.  I was delighted, but not surprised when Tim (the groomer) said "Cooper is wonderful!"









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a State of Shock. From 8:00 - 2:00 today

Utterly Wonderful