In a State of Shock. From 8:00 - 2:00 today

 Please no 'phone calls.  PLEASE!  (but this news is not private)

At 8:00 this morning I took Zion to a local Veterinarian for a scan of a mass on his jaw.


By 12:30 the Vet phoned me with this shocking and unexpected news.  (see below)   How odd that a scan for a lesser issue should reveal the bad news.   I think that the scan was providential.

I could have taken him home for what would have been his last two to three possible miserable days but I  decided to say goodbye to Zion there and then.  I stayed with him to the end at 2:00 p.m.

I am in shock.  I am grateful for six fantastic years together.  I rejoice that he brought joy to so many people.

His remains will be returned to me to be buried near my home, with a flowering shrub planted over them.

Thanks for your care


John Michael Povey



Hello Michael,

 

I will show you the images when you arrive but essentially what we see on the CT is that he has multiple masses on his spleen and several in his lungs, additionally he has fluid surrounding his lungs which is all blood. These findings are consistent with having metastatic cancer and are unrelated to the small mass in his mandible (jaw).

 

Unfortunately with the findings we have he is expected to get worse and worse in the very near future  (underlining mine) and no treatment is expected to truly be very effective.

 

I hope this explains it, if you need more information please let me know.

 

Raz Peress, MVDr, DACVS

Veterinary Surgery Center of Sarasota

8033 Cooper Creek Blvd, Ste 101

University Park FL 34201





                                                          Saying Goodbye




                                                    How I will remember him


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Utterly Wonderful